Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sky 'Gateway' Diving


Yesterday, I watched my 60 year old Dad go sky-diving, something I believe a few B2BGateway.Net www.b2bgateway.net employees have also accomplished ( The heights B2BGateway.Net will go to to deliver your EDI document!). He’s always wanted to do it, and apparently turning 60 motivated him to accomplish his goal. My husband and my two boys took a road-trip to Pepperell, MA to support him in his quest. It was exciting watching my Dad come floating down from an airplane on a parachute, and a little unnerving at the same time. It’s unreal to see how high the plane is when the jumpers exit the plane. I asked him what it was like and he said. “It was insane! I’m about to jump, and literally I felt like I was crazy. What am I thinking, it was totally surreal!” My Dad has always been a risk-taker, and unfortunately has had quite a bit of bad luck. A few years ago, he decided to put a new roof on their house, and fell off the roof. Luckily for him, he was pretty bruised, his leg looked pretty mangled on the surface, but he survived. My Dad’s also a big skier, and he was probably one of the first skiers to wear a helmet, which was a smart move on his part, considering the tree bark we often found in his hat. So, you can see why my family thought about having his head examined when he planned the daring expedition. In all seriousness, my Dad is awesome, and I love the risk taker in him, along with his persistence, despite the numerous follies to his name. His Grandkids are his biggest fans, yeah the kids with the full body suits, and helmets, those are my boys!

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment