Friday, August 13, 2010

Getting To The Finishing Line!



With summer winding down, and the temperatures starting to drop, it becomes easier to get up in the morning and head out to a race. My specialty is the 5k. Mainly because I don’t want to run any longer than 30 minutes. But even with that short distance, there’s a lot of forward thinking involved. Sure, I could start out sprinting and be in first place. But something tells me that I would fall back to last way before I even got close to the first of the five k's. It’s all about pacing and planning ahead to have the energy to finish the race.

We here at B2BGateway www.b2bgateway.net bring that same kind of thinking into the workplace. Sure, we could burn through all of our assignments and get it out the door. But then we would almost assuredly have problems and bugs coming back to hit us. Dropping from first to last right there. Instead, we take our time, plan ahead, and avoid as many of those issue as we can up front. That leads to happier programmers, happier clients, and maybe a free pizza lunch. It behoves us to plan ahead and take our time. If we don’t we sure won’t be finishing first.

Too bad for me though, that free pizza doesn’t do anything to help my race time. But it is delicious.

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment