Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Trillian or AIM?


Since we depend on messaging software at B2BGateway.Net www.b2bgateway.net, it's important that it be reliable.Recently, I discovered that Trillian version 3.1 is not compatible with Vista operating system! I’ve been running Vista for about a year and accepting the limitations, until this past week when more issues started to arise. The major issue is that the messaging history is not saved. I spent some time this week researching a solution and discovered that 3.1 is not meant to be compatible with Vista, and has this limitation, and it’s recommended that I upgrade to Trillian Astra. I completed the install and so far, I am not thrilled with the new version. It’s very retro-like and I find it difficult to see who is sending me a message and navigate between windows. I am going to spend some adjusting colors and my profile settings, but so far I am not pleased! Should I go back to AIM?

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment